Ever tried cooking a risotto with a baby on your hip? Well with this recipe, you don’t have to. Simply assemble and bung it in the oven to let bubble away for an hour. This creamy pumpkin risotto couldn’t get any easier or tastier.
Baked Pumpkin & Sage Risotto
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour Serves: 4
- 3/12 cups (875 ml) Organic Pumpkin Soup
- 2 cups salt reduced chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 1 ½ cups arborio rice
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan
- 350g Japanese Pumpkin, sliced into thin wedges
- Start: Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Bring soup and stock to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat and let simmer. Whilst simmering cook garlic, onion and sage leaves for 5 minutes in another saucepan or until onion has softened. Add rice and stir to coat rice well.
- Next: Add in the soup mixture and half the parmesan cheese. Give a good stir then pour into a 2.5ltr ovenproof shallow casserole dish. Top with the pumpkin wedges digging them half way into the risotto mixture.
- Finish: Cover with alfoil and pop in the oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes give the risotto a good stir then cover and place back in oven for 25 minutes or until rice and pumpkin are tender. Serve risotto with remaining Parmesan.
For Baby:Perfect as a puree
All Grown Up: Season to taste and a squeeze of lemon juice does the trick.
Sage has been known to improve brain function, lower inflammation, and boost the immune system.
Share this Recipe