No sugar, loaded with brain food and baked the night before allowing you enough time to down that much needed latte before the kids start screaming, “Mum what’s for breakfast?”.
Brain Boosting Breakfast Muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes Serves: 12 muffins
- 1 apple grated
- 2 bananas
- 250g blueberries
- ½ cup milk
- 55ml vegetable oil
- 55ml olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 30g butter
- 170g honey
- 260g spelt flour
- 120g oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 12 muffin paper cases
- Start: Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a muffin tray with cases. Heat butter and honey over a medium heat for a few minutes.
- Next: Place the flour, oatmeal, baking powder, cinnamon, apple, bananas, blueberries in a bowl and mix well.
- Finish: In another bowl whisk together the milk, oils, eggs and pour into the flour mixture along with the butter and honey.
- Finish: After gently mixing then pour into individual muffin cases and bake for 30 minutes.
For Baby: Remember babies can not have honey if they are under 12 months. On the other hand these are a fantastic addition to any toddler’s morning or afternoon tea snack.
All Grown Up: Lock the bathroom door, pretend you are in the shower and enjoy a moment of silence to devour these tasty delights.
Blueberries are the bomb! They boost your immunity, protect your heart and Blueberries are packed with a host of vitamins. Low in fructose, berries are one of the healthiest fruit options for young ones.
Share this Recipe