This summery peachy, pistachio, yoghurty chicken just rolls off the tongue doesn’t it? Well maybe not but it does delight the tastebuds and because it’s on a stick, the kids will love it too.
Yoghurt Chicken with Pistachio Peach Salsa
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4
- Kebab sticks soaked in water (optional)
- 350g Greek yoghurt
- 1 handful mint leaves, chopped
- 4 skinless chicken thighs, cut into small chunks
- ½ cup pistachios, deshelled
- 4 medium peaches , sliced thickly
- Olive oil for grilling
- 1 ½ cups fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Start: Combine the yoghurt and mint and stir well. Throw in the chicken and rub the mixture into the chicken , coating it well. Cover the bowl and pop in the fridge to marinate for 2 hours.
- Next: Make the pistachio pesto by processing all the ingredients in a food processer until a nice pesto sauce forms. Set aside in the fridge.
- Finish: Take chicken out of fridge and thread onto soaked kebab sticks (if using) . Heat up the BBQ or place a char grill plate on the stove and drizzle a little olive oil on the hot plate. Char grill the chicken for about 10 minutes or until cooked through. Place the peach slices on the grill and let caramelise for about 2 minutes or until golden.
For Baby: Chop up the chicken pieces and peach and serve pesto as a dip for great finger food practise. For toddler serve on a stick, dipping sauce and chopped up peaches.
All Grown Up: Serve the kebabs with the peaches and drizzle the pesto over the chicken. Great for a BBQ lunch side dish.
Mint is a calming and soothing herb that has been used for thousands of years to aid with upset stomach or indigestion. It is particularly good for digestive health.
Share this Recipe