Read Dr. Kyla Smith's review Chewsday Review - Roasted Chic Peas
Here is my Chickpeas are packed full of fibre, protein and potassium and combined with vegetable crudités for dipping, it makes a fantastic snack or lunch box option.
You can also use hummus as a spread on sandwiches or crackers. You can use it as a salad dressing.
It really is very versatile. Tahini can be quite strong for little tastebuds so if you prefer you can increase the quantity to taste.
All You Need Is:
- 1 can 400g cooked chickpeas [retain the liquid from the can]
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- optional: fresh herbs
All You Do Is:
- Put all the ingredients except the olive oil in a blender and blitz until smooth. Drizzle in the oil a little at a time until and continue to blend until it has all combined.
- If the hummus is a little thick add a little of the retained chickpea liquid.
- Serve with vegetable crudites such as carrots, cucumber, peppers, celery and sugar snap peas. A really fun way to serve is in mini jars with crudités for dippers. Makes it a little fun for little fingers.
Share this Recipe