This would have to be one of my absolute favourite meals of all time. So delicate and light. Unlike me…
One Pot Greek lemon Chicken Rice
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 50 minutes Serves: 4
- 6 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- Juice and zest of 1 ½ lemons
- 150g Italian pancetta, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups brown basmati rice
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 3 cups salt reduced chicken stock
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme, destalked
- 1 handful frozen minted peas
- 4 ltr ovenprrof casserole dish
- Start: Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Brown the chicken thighs in the olive oil and set aside. In the same oil fry the onion and pancetta for a few minutes and then add the minced garlic. Cook for a further minute, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Next: Put the rice in and stir to coat. Add the stock, lemon juice, zest, thyme, peas and bit of black pepper. Bring to the boil and then place the chicken thighs on top. Place a lid on and cook in the oven for 50 minutes.
For Baby: Chop up or puree to desired consistency.
All Grown Up: Season and dig in. An extra squeeze of lemon is nice.
Brown Rice is a wholegrain which is an excellent source of fibre. Whole grains are packed with nutrients, including protein, B vitamins, antioxidants, and trace minerals (iron, zinc, copper, and magnesium). A diet rich in whole grains has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, obesity, and some forms of cancer.
Share this Recipe