There’s something so comforting about a good pasta bake and this tuna bake is no exception. Extremely easy to achieve, oh so tasty and packed full of the green stuff. Don’t shy away from the Dijon mustard your little ones will love the element of sweetness it delivers.
Popeye’s Tuna & Spinach Pasta Bake
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4
- 260g Vegironi spirals or pasta of your choice
- 100g canned sweetcorn, drained
- 100g frozen ready chopped spinach (about 2 handfuls)
- 2 large leeks, diced
- Olive oil for cooking
- 200g good quality canned tuna
- 150g grated mature cheese
- Half a handful of grated parmesan
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 200g crème fraiche
- 2 teaspoons of sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- Wholemeal breadcrumbs (optional)
- Start: Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Put the pasta on to boil according to packet instructions and 5 minutes before it is finished cooking throw in the frozen spinach.
- Next: In the meantime, sauté the leeks in a little olive oil for about 10 minutes on a low- medium heat.
- Finish: Once the leeks are softened and the spinach/ pasta is drained well, place into an ovenproof casserole dish. Add the tuna, corn, Dijon mustard, grated mature cheese, nutmeg, grind of pepper, and mix well with the crème fraiche. Pat the bake down into the dish. At this point you may like to sprinkle some wholemeal breadcrumbs for some crunch (optional) and then scatter the parmesan on top. Finish with sprinkling the sweet paprika and pop it into the oven uncovered for 15 -20 minutes.
For Baby: Great textural change or puree to desired consistency.
All Grown Up: This is a perfect shared family meal, however you may like to squeeze some lemon on top for a bit of zing. Tastes great paired with a simple green salad.
Spinach is not just for Popeye, leafy greens are the immune system’s nirvana. Up your family’s intake of greens to strengthen their immunity naturally.
Share this Recipe