Read Dr. Kyla Smith's review of Cruskits Original
Here is my homemade alternative recipe to the store bought Cruskit. Cheaper and healthier. This seeded crispbread is the perfect vehicle to pair with some brain-boosting salmon gravalax or nutritious dips.
This is a very versatile recipe so use whatever seeds and nuts you have in the cupboard. I have kept this nut free so it is school lunch box friendly but still delivers those important Omega 3s with the addition of flaxseeds. You can add a little salt (about a teaspoon) if you wish, however I have omitted in this recipe for a low sodium snack. Cumin and or paprika are also nice additions to spice it up a little.
Makes about 30 Crispbreads
All You Need Is:
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup flaxseeds
- 2 cups of rye or whole meal flour or for a GF option use flaxseed flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1tsp baking powder
All You Do Is:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined.
- Cut 2 sheets of baking paper (same size as your baking tray). Now place a 1/4 of the dough sandwiched between the two pieces of paper.
- With a rolling pin roll the mix to a very thin layer. Remove the top piece of paper and score the dough into squares.
- Slide bottom piece of paper with dough squares onto the tray and bake for 15 minutes until golden.
Share this Recipe