I have a 6am toddler! Enough said.
Sometimes my ten morning lattes just don’t cut it, so I need a quick pick me up to start the day. I serve my little “alarm clock” his purple porridge then whizz up the rest and down that smoothie before I call my husband at 9am and ask why the hell isn’t home from work yet !
The 6am Toddler
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Serves: 2
- 1 cup of (GF) rolled oats
- 1 tsp ground flaxseeds (chia seeds as alternative)
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt
- Start: Gently cook the oats, flaxseeds, banana, frozen blueberries and water in a saucepan on medium heat, simmering for around six minutes or until the oats are swelling up.
- Finish: Remove from the heat and add the almond meal and yoghurt Puree and let cool before serving
For Baby: Serve as porridge or your toddler may like it as a smoothie
All Grown Up: Whizz it up in the blender for a breakie smoothie
Blueberries are believed to contain the highest antioxidant capacity of ALL commonly consumed fruits and vegetables. According to scientific animal studies, the antioxidants in blueberries tend to accumulate in areas of the brain that are essential for intelligence.
Share this Recipe